Thursday, March 3, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

I am still losing weight AND I am still happy!

I've never stayed on any disciplined eating plan for this long - 62 DAYS! At first, I wasn't even sure I would keep up with a food log. I found a free food and exercise log on Self.com and thought I would give it a try. Since I didn't have to pay for it, I thought, "What the heck?" It occurred to me that since I wasn't paying into my weight loss investment, it might not stick. I was wrong. I have faithfully logged in everything I’ve eaten since January 1st.

The second thing I decided to do was write this blog. Actually, keeping up with this blog has been one of the more difficult challenges I have faced on this journey. I realize that nobody is really reading this blog, but part of me feels like I need to keep it current. Still, keeping this daily journal has helped me discover invaluable facts and tips about food, nutrition and exercise. I believe that without writing this blog, my perseverance would not be as great. Don’t get me wrong- It would be wonderful if I had some feedback and encouragement from others, but I'm satified that this web page is helping me work towards my goal.

I think timing has played a big part in my newfound happiness too. I was finally ready to make a change in my life. I came to a fork in the road and realized it was time to take a different path. I was tired of not being able to wear the clothes I love. I also found that I was embarrassed to take pictures or have old friends see the bigger me. Discouragement CAN BE a great motivator.

And here I am: happy. I feel very comfortable with my eating patterns and the foods I am now choosing to eat. It is still tempting to veer off the road, but I am trying to keep focused on my destination:
Thinville or Bust!

Color me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment